We must take a break from our series of 19th century Christian women to encourage some activism NOW for the Pro-life movement.
At least ten videos have recently confirmed the truth about the involvement of
Planned Parenthood in killing, harvesting, and selling the body parts of babies. Now is the time for Christians to work hard to eliminate this horror in our land.
Our part in the Pro-life movement is not unlike the activism of the women in the nineteenth century who cared about defending the helpless. In the nineteenth century women such as Susan B. Anthony fought to protect women by speaking out against alcoholism, slavery, and unfair work laws all of which were harmful to women. Elizabeth Blackwell, first woman surgeon in the US also wrote that it was important to defend the helpless.
Some call those nineteenth century activists “feminists” but they are nothing like the “feminists” of today.
People need to study their history. Susan B. Anthony and others were working to protect women and this included UNBORN WOMEN. I don’t think Susan B. Anthony could have imagined that things would get to the place where “feminists” feel they have the right to abortion on demand. I’m sure Susan must be looking down from Heaven in sorrow to see how the helpless unborn babies are treated. (See link below.)
- In this article I am going to expose the malicious rottenness of Planned Parenthood. If you haven’t done so, take a look at some of the videos of Planned Parenthood officials admitting that they are making money off of selling the body parts of the babies that they have murdered.
- Then I will list several organizations that you should support. At least get on their email list and keep up with what’s going on.
- Finally, join your local Pro-life group and support them in any way you can. Go on marches, write to your legislative officials, and forward this article to caring people.
Article #1: From LifeSiteNews, August 19, 2015
““Aborted baby’s heart was beating as we harvested his brains”: worker in new Planned Parenthood video.” By Ben Johnson
A “procurement” worker witnessed the beating heart of a baby during an abortion. She said it was the “closest thing to a [fully developed] baby I’ve seen.” She was asked to take scissors and remove the baby’s brain through the baby’s face. “I can’t even describe what that feels like,” O’Donnell said. “That was the moment I knew I couldn’t work for the company anymore…even if it was the cure for some disease.” (My note: Thank God she quit. What will it take to wake others up?)
Article #2: From LifeSiteNews, September 1, 2015
“Planned Parenthood’s big fat three percent lie”
“It’s easy to be corrupt when you kill for a living. Does anyone really expect the nation’s largest abortion and baby-parts-trafficking chain to be honest about its numbers? They abort and distort every single day.” The fact is Planned Parenthood receives a half billion dollars (that’s billion with a B) tax dollars annually and has no government oversight. PP went from $59.4 million in tax dollars in 1993 to $528.4 million in 2013. That’s a nine-fold increase. In that same time period they have increased the total percentage of the nationwide abortions that they have committed from 9% to 32.7%. It’s all about a big business with them. It’s NOT about women’s health care.
If PP disappeared, any one of 9,170 Federally Qualified Health Centers across the country could perform the health care that women need. WE DON’T NEED PLANNED PARENTHOOD! Consider joining the organization listed at the bottom of this article to STOPP Planned Parenthood.
Article #3: From LifeSiteNews, September 8, 2015
“I don’t give a damn whether what Planned Parenthood is doing is legal or not.” So says Cecile Richards, director of Planned Parenthood.
This quote says it all. If you don’t believe we are in a battle to save innocent lives, I don’t know what else will convince you.
People and Organizations you can join to help in the fight:
- LifeSiteNews.com – Get on their email list and read the news about life issues every day.
- Live Action News, Founded in 2003 by Lila Rose, Live Action is a “youth led organization dedicated to building a culture of life and advancing human rights.” Lila is a leader in the Pro-life movement. Be aware that her videos and articles contain graphic pictures, but I think that “shock” seems to be the only thing waking up lethargic Christian today. You won’t come away unaffected by Lila’s articles.
- Abby Johnson – Abby ran a successful Planned Parenthood clinic until the day she actually witnessed an abortion. Now Abby is an outspoken Pro-life advocate. She has written a book that tells her story. I highly recommend it – unPLANNED– The dramatic true story of a former Planned Parenthood leader’s eye-opening journey across the life line. You can get it on her Website – abbyjohnson.org.
- Susan B. Anthony List – This organization works to support and/or get strong women leaders elected who will work to protect the unborn. (They encourage the male leaders too!) Like their namesake The women at Susan B. Anthony strive to work in the political process to get the horrible anti-life laws repealed and replaced with laws that protect the unborn. Recent activism includes the fight against Planned Parenthood’s illegal harvesting and selling of baby body parts. President Marjorie Dannenfelser also works tirelessly to end the forced support of Planned Parenthood through our tax dollars.
- stopp.org – This organization is run by American Life League. They have a plan for defeating Planned Parenthood that has worked in hundreds of communities around the country. Go on their web site and see what you can do. Together we can put the baby-killing Planned Parenthood out of business for good.
- Joseph’s House for Women – I am including this link because we sometimes forget how hard it is for the woman who is facing the unplanned pregnancy. We should not just fight against PP without providing answers for women facing crises in their lives. There are other organizations (such as The Perry Center in North Dakota) that help women during this stressful and potentially life changing time. Find an organization near you that helps women during unplanned pregnancies to do something positive for life.
Planned Parenthood has gotten away with protection from even the highest leader in the land, President Barack Obama whose department of Health and Human Services told Congress that it’s perfectly legal for Planned Parenthood to sell the body parts of the aborted babies. You might wonder if there is much we can do to stop the horror if Obama is going to support Planned Parenthood all the way.
But there has never been a better time than now for all Christians to join the fight to protect the most helpless humans on the planet. Planned Parenthood has committed egregious illegal acts that millions are now aware of and they can be shut down if we all work together. Please, I beg you, don’t be discouraged. The tide is turning. Join the fight for life now.